There were so many questions for our ‘The Doctor Who Tumblr Asked For My Autograph’ Poster Project that we decided to put together a VFAQ
- Question: HELP! My submission isn’t showing up on the ‘the doctor who tumblr asked for my autograph’ tag! What should I do?
- Answer: **SUPER IMPORTANT SO WE’RE PUTTING THIS ONE FIRST** We just set up this Google Form for accepting submissions. Everybody should submit their “autograph” link to the tag but you should submit it through this link as well: http://bit.ly/15RHIXe
- Question: What’s the deadline for submissions?
- Answer: End of day May 17 although we’re going to be flexible on that.
- Question: Are you taking every single submission?
- Answer: Yes. But we’re only taking one post per URL.
- Question: Why are you reblogging some posts from the tag?
- Answer: We’re reblogging random posts off of the tag in order to give people an idea of what kind of posts are being submitted.
- Question: Can we submit more than one post?
- Answer: If you submit more than one then we will pick one of your submissions at random.
- Question: If we share a blog, can we submit more than one post?
- Answer: Yes but put them in a single photoset.
- Question: Can I submit a gif/gifset?
- Answer: Sure but it won’t be animated in the poster so take that under consideration.
- Question: Can you send in fan art that doesn’t have your face in it?
- Answer: Sure! Do whatever feels comfortable to you!
- Question: Can I submit something I’ve already posted on tumblr before but add my ‘autograph’?
- Answer: Yes but be sure to do it as a new post to your blog.
- Question: Where are you going to put this poster?
- Answer: The current plan is to post it on a wall in the BBC America office so that every time Matt, Jenna, Steven, the crew, the writers, the BBC and BBC America staff, and visitors can see how great the Doctor Who fandom is on Tumblr.
- Question: Can I get a copy of the poster?
- Answer: Our current plan is to make the file available for download (.jpg and .psd)
- Question: Is there anything that would keep you from using our post?
- Answer: Yeah — if your post is deemed inappropriate or disrespectful then it won’t be added to the collage.
- Question: For the poster project, does it include fans from anywhere or just the U.S. as it’s the BBC America blog and will be displayed there?
- Answer: Anybody can participate!
- Question: I a big Doctor Who fan and I blog/reblog Doctor Who stuff BUT technically I’m a Multi fandom blog. Do you still want my autograph?
- Answer: Yes! Fandom blog, multi-fandom blog, personal blog, school blog, whatever.
- Question: I’m new to Doctor Who. Can I participate?
- Answer: If you follow the Doctor Who Tumblr, read the Doctor Who Tumblr, like or reblog posts through the Doctor Who Tumblr, have been reblogged by the Doctor Who Tumblr, have watched 796 episodes or just one.. we appreciate ALL of you so the answer is YES! (Also: welcome to the fandom!)
- Question: Will you accept a cosplay picture? Even genderbent?
- Answer: Definitely!
- Question: I’ve got a handmade [insert Doctor Who thing here], would that work for the fan-art thing?
- Answer: Yes! We believe that art is however you choose to express yourself as a fan. If you express yourself through handmade things then thank you for that.
So I made my own TARDIS for an English project.
It lights up and the crystals in the middle of the console go up and down.
Plus it took me like a week to put together.
Among others, some of the things I used included:
- a camera I took apart
- a disassembled flight simulator controller
- 2 shoes boxes
- Christmas lights
- a keyboard
- and my old Motorola phone
I hope you like it.
*:･ﾟ✧ ゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。。・゜
You are the stars of the Doctor Who Tumblr so we want your autograph. (✿◡‿◡)
Post a piece of artwork, a selfie, a fan sign, whatever with your Tumblr URL using the tag ‘the doctor who tumblr asked for my autograph’. Submit it via our form. (◕ ◡ ◕)
Deadline is May 17!
this is the arrow of destiny. reblog this and see what comes up next. this person/saying/thing will have something to do with your future
omfg i got a couple in bed god bless life
last time I reblogged this i got cereal so I can’t wait to see what I get this time
I got the attractive foreign man who got deported last time.
I got Andrew Hussie, „
Um… I got gay porn.. help?